[Missouri-l] (no subject)
tony105121 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 10:30:35 CDT 2010
As convention nears, I'd like to suggest how to im prove membership. In
addition to attracting new members, there should also be a focus on maintaining
current members. Several simple suggestions:
1. Treat members with civility and respect. This means, when a member asks a
question that other members are already familiar with, take the time and
patience and courtesy to an answer it, and be happy to have an interested and
inquisitive member as part of the group.
2. When a member states that material (such as a roster list) has not been sent
out, in the 10 months since the member joined, it's far better to offer the
member an apology and send it, rateher than challenge the member's veracity by
stating that a roster was sent and the member received it, even after the member
clearly stated they did not!
3. All birthdays should be acknowledged, as a courtesy and tradtion. When a
member states they have a birthday, but is drowned out by the noise and
disruptive behavior of other members, this should never happen in the first
4. When a members calls for an action that other members are opposed to, such as
an actual individual vote v a voice vote, and the member has the right to ask
for it and politely does, the members should accept this, get it done, and avoid
inapropriate and extraneous comments.
5. If the membership wants to encourage members to leave, then ignoring the
above suggestions will definitely do the trick!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Missouri-l